Subject: Re: Are there problems in updating lyx to version 1.3.0?
To: Michael Neumann <uu9r@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
From: Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/17/2003 11:23:22
--=.(S?sU4ho+nbT8w

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:16:22 +0100
Michael Neumann <uu9r@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

Hi,

> > Are there issues to be dealt with in updating Lyx
> > (/usr/pkgsrc/print/lyx) to version 1.3.0?  I have downloaded latest
> > release from www.lyx.org and tried compiling it the old way (not
> > from the pkgsrc) but it fails at same line.  I was wondering if
> > anyone else had tried to compile new lyx.1.3.0 on NetBSD 1.6 and
> > have run into similar problem?  Thank you.
>
> Not on NetBSD but on FreeBSD. And yes, I got a similar error message
> (boost related). After some tries, I've then given it up.

I maintain the FreeBSD port, and you need gcc 3 to build it there. I
haven't tried on NetBSD, but the FreeBSD version works (on 5.0 at
least). The PR hasn't been committed yet, but you may give it a go if
you want. (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/48112)

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net