Subject: Re: console output wedged
To: Tld <tld@tld.digitalcurse.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/16/2003 16:42:13
> What about CTRL+S (XOFF)? I had very bad times in discovering the shell was
> freezing because I actually told it to `:D
> If that is the case, CTRL+Q (XON) will bring it back to life :)

It is worse when you've accidentally told the keyboard to freeze
(typically by catting a binary file or directory).

It is quite difficult to realise the machine isn't completely
stuffed, and quite hard to generate the required ^Q.
Worse still the serial driver probably waits forever waiting for the
output to drain if you close the device - so even that doesn't help.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk