Subject: Re: HD detected as CHS
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/16/2003 07:57:59
On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 11:15:50PM +0100, Juan RP wrote:
> Hi, I have one IDE Disk
> <FUJITSU MPF3204AT> [39714/16/63] and it can't boot the
> NetBSD. On the Bios is detected as CHS, and if I try to change to
> LBA mode, the BIOS only detect 512Mb, and the problem exists with LBA
> too. The error was: No operating system.
>
> Any idea ?

I guess the disk itself supports LBA - in fact it definitely does
because I'm running on one here!
wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <FUJITSU MPE3204AT>

The "No operating system" error is reported by the 'standard' mbr
code when the first sector of the partition doesn't end with the
'magic' value 0xaa55.

What is the first sector number of the netbsd partition?
Did you remember to run /usr/mdec/installboot?

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk