Subject: NetBSD dies trying to reconnect with PPPoE
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mr Mine Sakiyama <msakiyam@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/14/2003 12:29:15
Hello.
I am running NetBSD (1.6 Stable.)NAT router using
PPPoE for ADSL connection. Every thing seems to go
well, until 30-40 minutes after boot, NetBSD dies,
(cannot do anything..) with error:
Feb 14 11:22:18 enpa /netbsd: pppoe0: LCP keepalive
timed out, going to restart the connection
, it also hashes out one more error but I could not
record it since the PC goes down really quickly. I
have black console and the only thing I can do it to
reboot the server. I saw couple of problem reports
(Problem Report #19303),, says there is no fix. Is
there a work around for this problem? My connection
seems to get dropped after 30-40 minutes.. If the
connection can last for at least a day, it wont bother
me so much.
My DSL provider is SBC Yahoo DSL in the western united
states. they use Efficient Networks Speedstream 5360
Ethernet ADSL modem. I have followed instruction on
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/pppoe/. I
also followed SBC's MacOSX instruction for
authentication info for PPPoE.
I have used same machine for DSL connection with
DHCP,, I did not have any issues at that time.
Thank you in advance.

Mine