Subject: Re: sendmail seems to ignore service.switch
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/12/2003 08:57:50
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, David Wetzel wrote:

> I installed the latest sendmail (from their download site) but it seems
> to ignore the service.switch file.

sendmail/cf/README says:

confSERVICE_SWITCH_FILE ServiceSwitchFile
                                        [/etc/mail/service.switch] The file
                                        to use for the service switch on
                                        systems that do not have a
                                        system-defined switch.

Sendmail uses the native service switch. Or maybe enable ServiceSwitchFile
in your sendmail config.

NetBSD uses /etc/nsswitch.conf. See the nsswitch.conf(5) manual page.

As for aliases, maybe try something like:
O AliasFile=files:/etc/mail/aliases

> Another thing: is it possible to run sendmail only on one of the
> IP-adresses on my interface?

Look at the READMEs and the sendmail/doc/op/op.me about DaemonPortOptions
(and use Addr=x.x.x.x) and DAEMON_OPTIONS.

Something like:

define(`confDAEMON_OPTIONS', `Addr=ip.add.re.ss')

Good luck,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/