Subject: can't exec getty 'none' for port /dev/ttyp0
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Philip=20Christian?= <philipchristian2003@yahoo.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/11/2003 13:30:01
--0-843041340-1044970201=:76833

I added "on secure" to ttyp0 in /etc/ttys and enabled telnet in /etc/inetd.conf

this is so that I can telnet in as root to mess with the box

I know that this is considered bad practice but it is a private network in a lab (the spare bedroom :-) ) and I know the risks etc

problem now is that I am getting "init: can't get exec getty 'none' for port /dev/ttyp0: No such file or directory" messages all the time

how do I get rid of the annoying messages ?

thanks, Philip

--0-843041340-1044970201=:76833

<P>I added "on secure" to ttyp0 in /etc/ttys and enabled telnet in /etc/inetd.conf</P>
<P>this is so that I can telnet in as root to mess with the box</P>
<P>I know that this is considered bad practice but it is a private network in a lab (the spare bedroom :-) ) and I know the risks etc</P>
<P>problem now is that I am getting "init: can't get exec getty 'none' for port /dev/ttyp0: No such file or directory" messages all the time</P>
<P>how do I get rid of the annoying messages ?</P>
--0-843041340-1044970201=:76833--