Subject: Multisession CD-recording.
To: None <cdrecord-support@berlios.de>
From: Jason Marshall <jasonm@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/10/2003 09:40:30
Hi there

I am trying to get multisession CD recording working in NetBSD 141, 151 and
161.

I can successfully create images using 151 and 161 (have not tried 141), but
can only create
a successful second image using mkisofs 2.0 in NetBSD 1.6.1.

On NetBSD 151 using mkisofs 1.13a01 I get stuck on creating the second
multisession image.

I follow these steps:

Creating and writing the first image...

1.) mkisofs  -l  -R  -o  image.raw folder_to_archive
2.) cdrecord  speed=8  driveropts=burnproof  -multi  dev=/dev/cd0d
image.raw

Create and write the second and subsequent images...

3.) cdrecord -msinfo dev=/dev/cd0d
4.) mkisofs  -l   -R  -o  image1.raw   -C  XXX,YYY  -M  /dev/cd0d
folder_to_archive

At this stage the mkisofs deamon runs at 80-90% CPU time but does
nothing. You can here the CD-writing spinning up.

I am using the a Plexter writing. (Model 24/10/40A)

Can you please help me in this regard as I have followed all different
combination
on the internet, and using the man pages.

Thanks
Jason