Subject: ls -d (micro) dot
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/08/2003 18:16:55
I haven't used the '-d' option for 'ls' in a while, but on both of my
NetBSD 1.6 boxes all I get is the 'dot directory' listed by "ls -d" even
when there are a whole bunch of directories just wanting to be listed.

Per 'man ls' I read the following...

  -d      Directories are listed as plain files (not searched
recursively) and symbolic links in the argument list are not indirected
             through.

...and it says "Directories are listed" which is plural, meaning more
than just the dot directory. I am supposing...is this a bug?

For now I will just do this instead...

ls -l | grep '^d'

Thanks,

Gan

PS -- Sorry, but I just couldn't resist putting that 60's pun in the
subject line.

--

  Mistera Sturno - Rarest Extinct Bird

  <(+)__       Gan Uesli Starling