Subject: One partition to rule them all (wuz: need room on /)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: leam <leam@reuel.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/08/2003 12:37:59
Ugh. This is tricky unless you have *total* control over everything that
goes into the box. If you have developers or 3rd party apps that don't
consider system survivability important it is better to isolate them
into /opt where they can mess up their own space and not hose the server.

And yeah, I'd like to go back to making /usr read-only too. They keep
putting things that don't belong.

ciao!

leam