Subject: Re: NetBSD cmdline tools in W2K
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Russell Hanneken <rhanneken@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/06/2003 13:27:47
Sam Carleton wrote:
> Does anyone know how I might be able to add all the wonderful
> command line tools that I have grown to love in NetBSD, and other
> UNIX's to my W2K machine?

You might have a look at GnuWin32: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/

From the summary page:

"The GnuWin32 project provides Win32-versions of GNU tools, or tools with a
similar open source licence. The ports are _native_ ports, that is they rely
only on libraries provided with any standard 32-bits MS-Windows operating
system. . . . Native ports do not rely on some kind of Unix emulation, such
as CygWin or Msys, so that there is no need to install additional emulation
libraries."

Regards,

Russell Hanneken
rhanneken@pobox.com