Subject: VPN care of ssh-ip-tunnel -- an updated howto
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/06/2003 16:19:26
Can't remember who on this list expressed an interest
in my updated how-to for ssh-ip-tunnel. I just today
finished it. I will have to proofread it again in a
week or so. But for now, here it is...different from
last time in the following ways:

1. Works over the Internet with one tunnel-end having
    a dynamic IP care of dial-up ISP and the other end
    a static IP care of DSL.
2. Scripts are now SH rather than Perl (because SSh is now
    built-in for NetBSD rather than just a package).
3. Addressed Eric Fox's prior (and legitimate) complaint
    about passwords.
4. One end is inteneded to be a laptop, and therefor mobile.
5. Can be both local- and remote-started.
6. All new diagrams. Plus some cropped screenshots.

For what it's worth, here is the link...

http://starling.us/gus_netbsd/gus_netbsd_ssh-ip-tunnel.html

Thanks,

Gan
--