Subject: Re: NetBSD cmdline tools in W2K
To: Dave Uhring <duhring@charter.net>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/06/2003 21:59:31
--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

* Dave Uhring (duhring@charter.net) wrote:
> On Thursday 06 February 2003 01:09 pm, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> > > Well closest env that I am aware is linux cygwin. If you select
> > > the entire install you pretty much emulate all the popular
> > > command tools. Hope that helps.
> >
> > AFAIK Cygwin !=3D Linux.  http://cygwin.com/
> >
> > That would be a nice name though: GNU/Linux/Cygwin for Windows. :-)

Debian GNU/Windows 2000 ^_^

> If the platform -must- be Windows then this one also may do the job, even=
 if> it does come from Redmond, WA.  It's what they used to migrate their F=
reeBSD=20
> scripts at hotmail.com to W2k server.  It's not free, either.

There are other commercial tools too, here are sometimes ads in Germanys
most popular Unix Magazine iX for Nutcracker from http://www.datafocus.com/

And there is another semi-free software pkg from AT&T called uwin which
seems to be mature and feature rich:=20
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/

Stef
--=20
> Wir haben heute im Internet eine Umfrage gemacht. =20
Ja warum nicht, im Irak gibt es ja auch Wahlen.

Manuel Andrack und Harald Schmidt                   [http://www.net-tex.de]

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7--