Subject: Network chocking every now and then
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Eggert <danieleggert@mac.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/04/2003 10:28:34
For a while I've suspected this, and now with NFS it's really
bad.Traffic from one end of my network gets 'chocked' every now and
then.

I have clients that mount a nfs share from my file server. While moving
data to or from the fileserver all traffic (on all clients) hangs for
10-15 secs every 5-10 minutes, then it is back to normal. Besides the
fact that this is very annoying, I don't know how to debug it.

Here's my setup

Client ------ switch ------ file server

I though, that maybe that file servers NIC is re-genotiating the
ehternet speed (or something like that) every now and then, and this
hangs the connection.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Daniel