Subject: X-4.2.1 - problem with xkb
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Piotr Stolc <socrtp@sedez.iq.pl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/04/2003 10:27:07
Hello,
I'm trying to set up XFree86 4.2.1 (compiled from the sources, CVS, updated
around 22 Jan 2003) on NetBSD 1.6_RC1 system (compiled 28 Jan 2003). I can't
set Polish keymap and own AutoRepeat value. "xset r" does not change
anything. "xset q" shows always the same values (which are not true - repeat
rate is somewhere around 10):

Keyboard Control:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
  auto repeat delay:  660    repeat rate:  25
  auto repeating keys:  00ffffffdffffbbf
                        fa9fffffffdff5ff
                        ffffffffffffffff
                        ffffffffffffffff

/var/log/XFree86.0.log fragment:
(**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard0"
(**) Option "AutoRepeat" "250 30"
(**) Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
(**) XKB: rules: "xfree86"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "itouch"
(**) XKB: model: "itouch"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "pl"
(**) XKB: layout: "pl"
(==) Keyboard: CustomKeycode disabled
[...]
(II) Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
[...]
(II) Keyboard "Keyboard0" handled by legacy driver

/etc/X11/XF86Config:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"

        Option "XkbRules"       "xfree86"
        Option "XkbModel"       "itouch"
        Option "XkbLayout"      "pl"
        Option "AutoRepeat" "250 30"
EndSection

The Xkb* options does not change anything - with or without them, the
AutoRepeat value still does not work.
However, under console everything works ok:

# wsconsctl -a|grep repe
wsconsctl: Use explicit arg to view map.
repeat.del1=250
repeat.deln=30
repeat.del1.default=250
repeat.deln.default=30