Subject: Re: iso-8859-2
To: Steve Kl. <stevekl@panix.com>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/03/2003 22:55:22
--ftEhullJWpWg/VHq

hi,

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 04:18:57PM -0500, Steve Kl. wrote:
>=20
> Hm. I edited .config and .pshrc, but to no avail.

i am not sure what .config and .pshrc are.  are we still talking about
pine here? :)

> The panix representative claims this character-set is unsupported....

the character set indeed *is* supported.  i have no idea where the
representative got this information from.

i've not used pine for years but the default installation from pkgsrc on
a NetBSD 1.6_STABLE machine with this only change in .pinerc worked as
expected:

 character-set=3DISO-8859-2

all ISO 8859-2 characters were displayed correctly.  also read the pine
documentation, there are possibly some hints how to configure your
client to support other encodings at the same time in case you don't
want to have ISO 8859-2 as the default one.

HTH,
regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --