Subject: ISA PNP Configuration
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Sookocheff <kbs464@mail.usask.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/30/2003 07:50:48
Hi,

	I have been trying to connect NetBSD 1.6 to the internet and have run
into a little trouble.  So far I have done the following:
1) Located my card from the dmesg output ("ne3")
2) Created a file called "/etc/dhclient.conf" and added the lines
	interface "ne3" {
	}
3) Added the following to "/etc/rc.conf"
	dhclient=YES
4) Supposedly at this point I will be able to type
	/etc/rc.d/dhclient start
    and be on my way.

However, that is not the case.  When I reboot the computer I get the
following output from dmesg
ne3 at isapnp0 port 0x240/32 irq 5
ne3: NE2000 Ethernet
ne3: Ethernet address 00:80:c8:d4:21:08
isapnp0: No current device for tag, card 2
ne3: device timeout
ne3: device timeout

I've been told that this is an ISA PNP problem and that these problems
can be difficult to debug.  Are there any first steps that I can try in
order to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Kevin