Subject: Re: labelling a linux disk
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/30/2003 08:02:03

> I am using the NetBSD ext2fs support to use the disk.  The
> wd driver, though, keeps complaining that the disk has no
> disklabel.  The disk *does* have a partition table that
> the kernel is picking up just fine.

There is code that will 'magic' one up that contains the
whole disk and 4 BIOS partitions.

> In fact, I can mount
> and use the drive with no problem.  If I add it to fstab,
> however, at reboot the system gets very unhappy with the
> drive and drops into single-user mode.

You might manage with 'noauto' and mount them later?
What so the fstab enties look like?

> So I figure that I need to add a label.

That would need a netbsd partition, creating one would delete
one of the Linux ones as there isn't any space...

disklabel is lying, since you actually need to run fdisk first.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk