Subject: Re: EJB's on NetBSD?
To: None <collver1@attbi.com>
From: Soren Jacobsen <devsoren@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/27/2003 22:44:04
On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 10:14:39PM -0800, collver1@attbi.com wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 09:05:57PM -0800, Soren Jacobsen wrote:
> >
> > I don't believe it compiled at first. It was including a different gc.h
> > or something like that, if I recall. Easy to fix. Other than that, I
> > didn't touch it.
> >
> > > Did you use it with Mozilla?
> >
> > Yep. I use it with Phoenix. That was most of the motivation to get it
> > going natively.
>
> Very cool!
>
> Did you use native threads in -current, or something else?

$ java -version
java version "1.3.1-p7"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1-p7-root-030104-00:15)
Classic VM (build 1.3.1-p7-root-030104-00:46, green threads, nojit)

I don't think any work has been done to take advantage of native threads
in NetBSD yet. Even if such work were done, the nathanw_sa merge hadn't
happened at the time I built this, so I wouldn't have even bothered to
wonder.

Simon Gerraty may chime in and correct me. He's one of the guys working
on the NetBSD portions of the BSD patches.

--
Soren Jacobsen