Subject: 4 GB partitions considered harmful?
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/26/2003 14:55:12
There was a scary discussion on port-vax a few days ago regarding the
workingness of filesystems larger than 4 GB in NetBSD 1.6.  Some people
experienced problems even without using softdeps (which I avoid, being
more tortoise than hare, more ant than grasshopper).

I have a 1.4.2 system that I'm looking forward to bringing into the 21st
century, possibly even -current.  But hints of broken filesystems give me
the, uh, chills, particularly since I have two 10 GB partitions.

Rather than starting a rumor or (not) acting on one, I'd like to ask:  Is
there any known problem with big ffs filesystems?  I checked the buglist
for kern; nothing says so.

Thanks.

--jkl

Begin forwarded message: