Subject: Re: Protecting telnet, w/o modifying client or server.
To: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/26/2003 05:22:40
On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 10:09:36PM -0600, Dave Huang wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 09:15:39PM -0600, Richard Rauch wrote:
> > A small down side is that I assume that stunnel doesn't work for non-UNIX
> > people.  (I haven't read the docs, though.)  I'd wish for a general
>
> Actually, that second link I mentioned,
> http://www.fuzzball.org/node.php?id=43 is about using stunnel under
> Windows. Also, Trebuchet <http://sourceforge.net/projects/trebuchet/>
 [...]

Ah..!  (^&

Re. Trebuchet: Nice to know that it's there.  The first pebbles of
the landslide have voted, perhaps (to munge a quote from a Vorlon,
I think).  But I doubt that a huge number of users will flock to
Trebuchet in the near future, regardless of how well it is made.
Preferences for MUD clients---like those for text editors, window
managers, and operating systems---are creatures of inertia.

> > (What about IPSec?  Is this widely available if the server is set up
> > correctly?  Or does it require extra work on the client's side a well?)
>
> Windows 2000 and later have IPsec built-in... I still haven't figured
> out exactly how to configure it though :) My gut feeling is that it's

Ah.  Okay, I'll move that one off of my mental stage for this, for
now.  (^&

--
  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@olib.org