Subject: Re: Protecting telnet, w/o modifying client or server.
To: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2003 22:59:14
On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 10:51:24PM -0500, Gan Uesli Starling wrote:
> Richard Rauch wrote:
>
> >A small down side is that I assume that stunnel doesn't work
> > for non-UNIX people.  (I haven't read the docs, though.)
>
> > I'd wish for a general solution, regardless of OS type
>
> I think you want SSh version 1. It will work like telnet, but

At first my response was "no, I don't."  Then I had a small enlightenment
in my head.  Maybe I've been misunderstanding some of the replies.
(I think that I'm suffering the mental equivalent of tunnel version.
I can only plead lack of sleep as the transient cause.)

I'll go get some sleep before I put put my foot so deeply into my
mouth that I choke on it.  (^&

Thanks, all, for the helpful replies.

--
  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@olib.org