Subject: installboot complains about /dev/sd1a not being a regular file
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: leam <leam@reuel.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/2003 00:02:55
I'm trying to make the second disk in a Sparc Ultra-1 a NetBSD disk. The
first disk already is, but I'm unable to run installboot on the second
disk. I get:

  bsdboy# installboot /usr/mdec/bootblk /dev/sd1a
  installboot: Reading block 16 in `/usr/mdec/bootblk': short read
  installboot: `/dev/sd1a' must be a regular file: Undefined error: 0

/dev/sd1a already has the label and the file system installed. I've gone
through the section in the "short guide", the notes on the Sparc64 port,
and the pages on netbsd.org. Of course, I'm bug-eyed from all the
reading. I've also ftp'd down the newest bootblk to no avail.

If I've missed the answer, please just send me a pointer to the right
place. If not, I'd appreciate some help. My cdrom died right after the
install onto the first disk.

ciao!

leam

--

"Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground."
--bumper sticker