Subject: Re: lightweight wms
To: Richard Rauch <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Flowers <rotting@gigacorpse.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/24/2003 07:23:08
> No, the main problem that I have with KDE and GNOME, both, is
primarily
> that they are a snakes' nest of dependencies.

I agree with you. Since I prefer the console, and most of the apps I
use are console bound, the last thing I wanted to do was introduce ten
thousand libraries just so I can open a terminal window. Generally, I
only use X for 3 reasons: multiple, high resolution X-Terms, Jpeg
viewing, and the World Wide Web.

I was experimenting running without a window manager but now I use
OpenMotif, which has no other dependencies. (You forgot mwm, by the
way.)

Jeff Flowers