Subject: Re: Majordomo results: Java Run Time Environment
To: aridaman kaushik <kaushik_ari@postmark.net>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Florian_St=F6hr?= <florian.stoehr@login-solutions.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/23/2003 11:28:03
Hi,

I had trouble with newer JDKs (>1.3).

1.3 works good for me, but _ONLY_ if you disable the Just-In-Time compiler
(JIT). This is a commandline option when invoking java.

JDKs after 1.3 don't support this option anymore.

I heard that this non-working JIT has something to do with thread support
(which is now implemented in -current as I read in a message short time
ago).

So use 1.3 - or wait and try a newer JDK with a newer NetBSD release.

Flo