Subject: Re: reasonable details for X-applications...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20030121T111112@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/21/2003 11:12:49
> Myself, I wouldn't run at 1600x1200 if it makes the fonts too hard to
> read, as the xterm isn't then your only problem. On my 17'' monitor, I
> usually run at 800x600 with a 1280x1024 virtual screen, and to view
> windows that really don't fit (like graphics), I switch resolutions.

You know that you can tell the X server the dpi of your screen.  Then
when you select 12pt or 14pt fonts they always will be 12pt or 14pt no
matter how many pixels your display has.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
      Decoding genes for the sake of cloning is against the DMCA

(NOTE: The email address above is valid.  Edit it at your own peril.)