Subject: Re: Two more questions
To: Ezequiel Reyes <ezequiel@newhotel.caribe.tur.cu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/20/2003 15:18:40
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Ezequiel Reyes wrote:

> We both never configured X for laptop computers before. I have been
> searching for info, and I found there is another tool for configuring X:
> xf86cfg (I always used xf86config on FreeBSD and XF86Setup back when I used
> linux). I don't mind not being able to use the video card for the moment, I

Assuming this is newer XFree86, run "XFree86 -configure' which will
attempt to probe, detect and then generate a XF86Config file for you (in
your home directory).

Then test it with "XFree86 -xf86config /path/to/new/XF86Config-file".

Also search google and google groups for your  NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go.
I found many webpages like
http://www.marcuscom.com/g2g-xfree86/article.html -- even has a sample
config file.

(When you get your laptop working, please share some advice to me for
http://www.reedmedia.net/misc/netbsd/laptops-and-netbsd.html - thanks.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/