Subject: Where to get regexp help?
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sam Carleton <sam@linux-info.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/20/2003 16:36:17
folks,

Out of all the mailing lists that I subscribe to, this is the one I
turn to when I need a OT Q answered, it is because you folks are
such a great bunch!

I am a C/C++ programmer and using a regexp library for the first
time programmatically.  I need some help on creating the expression
and am looking for a mailing list that can help me out.  Might
someone here know where I can find such a list?

In case someone here knows the answer to the Q, here it is:

I have a text file that contains a report.  Each entry spans
multipal lines.  I need to grab two different substrings out of each
record.  How do a create a regexp string that can do that?  The only
catch is that the number of lines per record is unknown.

Example: (I need to get all the name's and zip's)

i---------
Name: Mike Wilson
Address1: 123 NetBSD Drive
City: BSD