Subject: Re: imapd sends not just mail but all my files to the OS X mail client
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2003 19:42:07
It's a combination between a bad IMAP server and an
overly zealous client.

What's happening is that the client asks for all mail
files, whether or not you are (IMAP) Subscribed to them.

The last I check UW-IMAPD, once you authenticated, it would pass
you ANY file that you could see.  Ask for /etc/passwd, here it is.
Lovely.

I've hacked imapd to use $HOME/Mail/ as the prefix for all
mail.  Keep in mind, any files in that dir will at least appear
in your mail directory as folders.  They won't interpret as
mail (though raw IMAP can get them).

You *should* be able to tell your mail client to only
"show subscribed folders."

Quoting Zach Fine (zach@zachfine.com):