Subject: PPPoE and NetBSD1.6
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mr Mine Sakiyama <msakiyam@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/16/2003 11:31:20
Hello.
I am switching ISP and am currently waiting for the
new ISP (COVAD ADSL) to arrive. I found out that COVAD
dsl modem uses PPPoE. I am running NetBSD1.6/sparc64
and I see this nice NetBSD PPPoE how to page
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/pppoe/
Does this apply to most of the DSL vendors? Has anyone
encountered issues with COVAD?
What I am doing with NetBSD is , I am running ipfilter
to do firewall/NAT for my home computers. I am also
running a website so I need the connection up all the
time.
I also need this to work from home, so if this is
no-go I have to reconsider the ISP.

Thank you!

Mine