Subject: 1.6 sysinst full install missed some sets
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tyler M. Mitchell <fission@nucleus.styrophone.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/13/2003 14:47:28
Hello,

I installed NetBSD 1.6 via FTP (with sysinst) and selected "Full install."
When I rebooted, I found that several sets (games, man, misc, text, xbase,
xfont) were missing.  The sets that were installed (such as base, comp, etc.)
seem to be complete and missing nothing.  I did select the option to show
the list of files as they were extracted, and it seemed to be extracting fine
up until it finished, at which point sysinst told me that the sets had all
been unpacked successfully.

I can't really test sysinst on this machine again (I have limited physical
access to it) but was just wondering whether anyone else had experienced this
before.  It wasn't a really big deal for me to extract the missing sets, but
it would be nice to know that they weren't extracted.

I should mention that I used the default /usr/INSTALL directory when downloading
the files, and that my /usr slice is 6GB, and freshly-formatted by sysinst.

Thanks,

--
Tyler Mitchell