Subject: Re: XDMCP Problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Juergen Tritthardt <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/11/2003 21:27:53
Answering my own mail, just for the archive. :-)

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xaccess changed from NetBSD-1.5 to NetBSD-1.6 (at
least on i386), the difference on the following line was the reason for
the error message:

*                        #any host can get a login window

On NetBSD-1.6 there is a comment before the "*".

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Juergen Tritthardt wrote:
>=20
> usually I set up my NetBSD systems for remote XDM login by changing
> xdm-config like this:
>=20
> ! SECURITY: do not listen for XDMCP or Chooser requests
> ! Comment out this line if you want to manage X terminals with xdm
> ! DisplayManager.requestPort:   0
> --
>=20
> I use X-Win32 and a NetBSD laptop with "X -query hostname" for the
> remote login. This works with NetBSD-1.5.x on i386 and NetBSD-1.6_RC1 on
> macppc but not with a fresh installed NetBSD-1.6 on an i386. I get the
> following error after a "X -query hostname":
>=20
> Fatal server error:
> XDMCP fatal error: Manager unwilling Host unwilling
>=20
> The X-Win32 message is about the same. I know XF86 changed from 3.x to 4.=
> on i386 but the configuration seems to be the same. Any hints?

--=20
J=FCrgen Tritthardt              Max-Planck-Institut f=FCr med. Forschung
Tel. 06221/486279                          Abt. Biomedizinische Optik
Fax. 06221/486225                       Jahnstr. 29, 69120 Heidelberg