Subject: Re: corrupted pkg database
To: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@chemi.muni.cz>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/07/2003 21:12:16
--VrqPEDrXMn8OVzN4

hi,

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 08:54:43PM +0100, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
>=20
> what do you mean by "HEAD"? pkgsrc.old/CVS/Tag contains Tnetbsd-1-6.
> well i must say i don't understand what are you talking about. does it
> mean that with my pkgsrc.old files i couldn't get the "new" packages?
> why?

HEAD is the work-in-progress branch in cvs, -current iow.  your
pkgsrc.old contains files from netbsd-1-6 branch, which is meant to be
stable and only security fixes and critical bugfixes are pulled in, no
new packages or other enhancements.  wm/bsetroot is not present in
netbsd-1-6 since it was imported to the pkgsrc _after_ netbsd-1-6 was
branched from the HEAD.

if you want to track -current pkgsrc (the HEAD branch), you will need
either check out the new tree as you did or provide "-r HEAD" to cvs
update command, otherwise cvs will get the name of the branch from
CVS/Tag file as you experienced.

hope this helps.

regards,

--=20