Subject: Re: corrupted pkg database
To: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@chemi.muni.cz>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/07/2003 20:23:47
--AqsLC8rIMeq19msA

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 08:07:00PM +0100, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
>=20
> by the way, do you think that my problems with getting new version of the
> pkgsrc using cvs can be somehow related to problems i had with the update=
 of
> the package? i'm not sure about how cvs knows which directory to update. i
> was doing
> cvs update -dP
> in /usr/pkgsrc so it should update all packages + checkout the new ones. =
it
> didn't work very well - the cvs itself repored
> cvs server: Updating bsetroot
> cvs server: Updating bsetroot/patches
> but there was no bsetroot directory in pkgsrc/wm/... :o( i had to checkout
> the whole pkgsrc tree and replace the old one (i  renamed it do
> pkgsrc.old...)...

are you sure you were using HEAD and not netbsd-1-6 branch of pkgsrc?
do you have pkgsrc.old/CVS/Tag file with netbsd-1-6 in it?  wm/bsetroot
is not in netbsd-1-6 but directories don't belong to branches in cvs
and you pruned empty directories with -P.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --