Subject: Re: shell settings in X
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Forrai <david.forrai@gemair.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/07/2003 11:49:11
If X is started from the console, it should inherit the shell
environment from the console.  If X is started using xdm (or other
graphiccal login), it does not run from a login shell hence it does not
inherit the environment set by .profile.

For xdm, you need to edit Xsession or one of the other start-up scripts
 to establish the shell environment in X.  Or you can create a
~/.xsession script.