Subject: Re: qmail domain change
To: Joe Reed <jnr@po.cwru.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/06/2003 17:05:30
On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Joe Reed wrote:

> i'm running qmail on my server behind a NAT'd firewall.  On my gateway, i
> run tinydns, dnscache, and dhcpd to create my local network.
>
> my problem is this:  when i try and send mail using qmail-smtp, i very often
> get the mail bounced back by the servers because mail.mylocaldomain "is not
> a valid domain"  how to i tell qmail-smtp to send mail as if it came from
> myhost.my.university.edu ??  (i can't put the host outside the firewall
> because of our network policies here on campus)

See qmail-inject(8) and qmail-control(5) manual pages.

The control files that might be useful for you are /var/qmail/control/me,
/var/qmail/control/defaultdomain, and /var/qmail/control/defaulthost. Also
read about the QMAILDEFAULTDOMAIN and QMAILDEFAULTHOST environment
variables.

(Or setup your hostname to be valid.)

Good luck,

   Jeremy C. Reed