Subject: Re: lightweight wms
To: Sam Carleton <sam@linux-info.net>
From: Marco Radzinschi <marco@radzinschi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/05/2003 17:24:49
On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Sam Carleton wrote:

> Folks,
>
> How does FVWM2 compare as far as size?  Is it one of the
> larger WMS or smaller ones?
>
> Sam

Small and fast as hell compared to Gnome and KDE.

It can be configured to act like anything, and fvwm-themes has several
canned setups. It as a nice ALT+TAB feature like Windows, too.

The only problem is perhaps the initial learning curve, since all
configuration information comes from a single file.  Other files can be
"read in" to the main file, however.

My personal annoyance are the default colors.  The first thing I always do
is change the disgusting pink (yes, it looks like pink to me) active
window border color to grey.

It is GNOME compliant, and certainly worth trying.

Marco Radzinschi
E-Mail: marco@radzinschi.com

Sun Jan  5 17:18:48 EST 2003