Subject: Workaround for bug in graphics pkg sodipodi
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/05/2003 12:19:27
The current version of sodipodi, the SVG vector
drawing program in /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/sodipodi
is 0.25. The support page at Sourceforge reports
it as very buggy compared to version 0.28.

I found one of the bugs. But I have a workaround
for it.

======================

Bug:

In the text tool, if you insert multiple lines,
any of which is a blank line, the program will
continue and save as normal...but you will not
be able to reopen any of those saves. Sodipodi
version 0.25 will crash with a segmentation
fault.

Workaround:

If trying to recover a crashed drawing file, open
the SVG file in a text editor and look for any
line which says...

     </tspan>

...just like that: a new line having four blank
spaces and the tag. That is your blank line. Edit
it to look like this...

&#160;    </tspan>

...the non-blanking space, four spaces, and the
tag.

If trying to put blank lines into a new file,
just make it 'qqq' or something. Then change those
'qqq's out with '&#160' in vi, sed, etc.

I recovered four hours of work that way.

Enjoy,

Gan

--

  Mistera Sturno - Rarest Extinct Bird