Subject: Re: lightweight wms
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/04/2003 22:16:04
On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 05:18:42PM +0100, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > How does FVWM2 compare as far as size?  Is it one of the
> > larger WMS or smaller ones?
> >
> > Sam
>
> hi,
> it's quite small and fast(relatively, i checked it now, libs + share stuff +
> binary ~ 5mb). two of my collegues use this, it was running very fast even
> on old pentium. i don't like the style of this wm very much, but it
> definitely is one of the lightweight ones... i prefer windowmaker to fvwm2

Well, I have friends who were quite happy with fvwm2 on 12 MHz DECstations.
Personally, I preferred ctwm over fvwm. What cemented ctwm for me was
when I logged into a lab box while chatting with a friend, and my friend
noticed my X session coming up. He said "Uh, Kevin? Did your screen just
fade in from black? You've been spending waaaaaaaayyyyy too much time in
the lab."
      'Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are inappropriate.
 It is appropriate to be concerned about "responsibilities" and "service"
 to the community.' -- RFC 1591, page 4: March 1994