Subject: Re: Printcap
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/04/2003 19:16:07
On 4 Jan 2003 12:25:00 -0600, Cecil Eduardo Campos Costa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just bought a HP laserjet 1000W and I'm trying to configure it with
> my NetBSD. I put the following line in my printcap
> lp:/dev/ulpt0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:lf=/var/log/lpe.errors
>
> I try testing it with lptest 20 10 > /dev/ulpt0 and it didn't do
> anything so I tried with lptest 20 10 | lpr -h and sometimes it says
> ulpt0:offline and sometime it says the job could not be printed
> (cfA005mycomp).
>
> Does anyone know what can I do?

Isn't this an updated HP laserjet 1000? Meaning it is likely a gdi
printer :

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_1000

You also might try the gdi device driver that is in ghostscript-esp-7.05.5
I use it for my Samsung gdi laser printer. I hacked the magicfilter
ljet4-filter to use gdi and to convert everything to postscript.