Subject: fontconfig & gtk applications
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Joe <josepha48@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/03/2003 17:14:13
Hello,
    or help!

    I sup'd pkgsrc today and got the latest packeges.  I then
did a make update in x11/xscreensaver . This rebuild gtk2.0 and
isntalled gtk2.2 and glib2.2 and fontconfig and a new pango and
Xft2.  Now when I run xscreensaver-demo I get:

Xlib: extension RENDERmissing on display ":0.0"
No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not cirrectly configured, You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file.  More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org

The lines about the manual and the web site are a dam lie!
Neither tell how to configure this nor anything about this
message.

I have fonts!  My gtk applications do not work, however the rest
of my X apps work.  Has anyone seen this??

Thanks,
Joe