Subject: Re: lightweight wms
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/03/2003 13:05:11
On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 17:41:16 +0100 (CET)
poff@sixbit.org wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Keith Mastin enslaved 16 hundred monkeys to type:
>
> > >Ditto, slow on my Celeron (that's a P3 no?)
> >
> > Celeron is not P anything.. it's just bad Intel architecture.
>
> Helas it's true. The clockspeed is 1.2ghz, still slow on kde :(

For lots of non-gui/non-floating point things the celeron works fine, except
for servers you need to be careful because some models of celeron will fry or
shutdown at lower temps than their PIII counterparts. I used to have a url
with a chart of these values, but if memory serves, some celeron models would
shutdown at a temperature as much as 20C less than a similar vintage PIII.

--
Harry Waddell
Caravan Electronic Publishing