Subject: Re: How can I edit the packages install on the ISO?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/02/2003 20:55:39
On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 22:46:52 +0100 (CET), poff@sixbit.org wrote:

> I was just wondering, every time I install netbsd (often) from the i386
> iso, I do a number of things which are the same each time:
>
> pkg_add pico
> pkg_add bash
>
> You know, that and stuff like wsconsctl -k -w encoding=uk
>
> Is there any way I can make my own ISO where bash and pico are already
> installed?

Another way you could go about it (that you might already have thought of)
would be just to tar up your favorite completed /usr/pkg, any associated
changes or additions to /etc, and whatever you like your home directory to
start out with.  After a vanilla installation, untar your "favorites" and
go home.

Seems to me like a lot less effort....

--jkl