Subject: Re: How can I edit the packages install on the ISO?
To: None <poff@sixbit.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/02/2003 15:59:16
On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 poff@sixbit.org wrote:

> Is there any way I can make my own ISO where bash and pico are already
> installed?
>
> The same would go for fluxbox, and also where pkgsrc and syssrc where
> installed too?
>
> How would I go about this?
>
> Thanks for any pointers (urls etc.)

As far as I know, there aren't any howtos on building a custom CD for
NetBSD. I started writing a guide for this, but it was based on 1.5.x and
things have changed in 1.6.

I have customized sysinst a few times (for example, for auto-defaults for
unattended installs) and have built my own custom CDs many times with my
own packages (including live, memory-based CDs).

See http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html for the Bootable CD
ROM How-To.

Look at the code (mostly the Makefiles) under src/distrib/utils/sysinst/,
src/distrib/i386/floppies/ (assuming i386), and the src/etc/Makefile
(about building ISO).

Any easy way would by just to build own cdsources/ directory (like
described in the Bootable CD ROM HOWTO) that also includes the packages
you want in the packages/1.6/i386/All/ directory. Then manually install as
normal.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/