Subject: 1.6 i386 hangs when wi0 inserted
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/01/2003 16:39:20
Hello,

Been through the mailing list archives and Google, no joy.

I'm trying to get NetBSD to work on my Toshiba 2800-S201 laptop.  The
base install from floppy and CDROM goes fine, and I have a minimal
install in place with the laptop kernel.

Whenever I insert the wireless card, however, the console prints out
the name of the card, a second line appears that says

wi0:

and the system immediately hangs.  There is no panic, no attempt to
dump, and no responsiveness on the keyboard.  It takes a hard
power-off to restore functionality, and then I'm *still* not on the
Net.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Thanks,
Michael

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org