Subject: Re: Ximian Evolution
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/19/2002 13:59:13
AS regards db, you likely want the later version.
IIRC, the API doesn't change within 3.x (I think).
I know several fixes/tunings/enhancements happen within
the version - things should never break BACKWARDS.

So try building against the current stable db3.

DB4 is a little too new for me and has a different API
(and several big boosts for certain uses, but use 3).

If that utterly fails, try db-3.1.17 (it should have
some changeable variation in pkgsrc.
Quoting Al Urbaitis (avu@lanl.gov):