Subject: ifwatchd config in rc.conf
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: J. Piers Hearn <endareth@spamcop.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/10/2002 13:29:36
Hi all,
I'm having a prob getting ifwatchd working as I want it to. I'm trying to
get my ipv6 stuff going properly, and want ifwatchd to watch my stf0
interface and run some ip-up and down scripts. Currently I have
ifwatchd=YES set in my rc.conf, and that results in my pppoe0 interface
being watched, and /etc/ppp/ip-up and down being run properly, that's fine,
no problem there. But I also want /etc/ppp/stf0/ip-up and down to be run
when the stf0 interface comes up. I'm able to do this manually by running
ifwatchd -u /etc/ppp/stf0/ip-up -d /etc/ppp/stf0/ip-down stf0, but I can't
seem to work out how to modify things in the rc.conf/rc.d area to achieve
this same result, if that makes sense :-)
I guess my main prob seems to be that I can't see how the rc subsystem
decides what parameters to use when it starts ifwatchd in the first place.
Had a look through the doco and source, but couldn't seen anything obvious.
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but hey, that's what this list is
for, right? :-D
Thanks all,
	Piers.