Subject: how to run a java-enabled mozilla on netbsd
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Friedrich Ensslin <friedrich.ensslin@web.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/29/2002 23:13:32
Hi,

I'm running 1.6 on an i386 platform.
What I need, is a www-browser w. full java support (Netscape / Mozilla style preferred).
Netscape 4.x gave me the well-known hang-up effect when loading applets.
Some trying and googling gave me the impression, that also the NetBSD-native mozilla 1.0.1 isn't able to run java applets. Am I right ?
So, I found some pointers telling me to use the linux version of mozilla, run it in emul/linux and install  its java engine. Could this lead to success ? One more (potentially stupid) question: Can I use the linux version at mozilla.org, and how do I have to install the tar.gz or rpm or whatever? Or is there (where ?) a NetBSD package containing exactly this linux-version of mozilla ?

TIA,

Friedrich Ensslin
friedrich.ensslin@web.de