Subject: shlight hanging
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/29/2002 13:29:46
I mounted a remote SMB share with:
 /usr/pkg/sbin/shlight '//heather/shared' /windows -s win98

(This is sharity-light-1.2 under NetBSD/i386 1.6.)

I couldn't see any files in the share until I locally added a file:
"touch J". Then I could see the other files. Even when I copied new
files to the share on the remote end, my NetBSD side wouldn't see them
(until I touched a file locally on the NetBSD side).

This seems different that when I used rumba over a year ago. Any ideas?

When trying to read some files from the share with sylpheed (it was
sending as attachments), sylpheed just hung in a "D" (process in disk
or uninterruptable) state. I couldn't kill sylpheed.
I tried to do a ls of / and ls hung. Anything that accessed /windows
would hang in the "D" state.

I couldn't kill shlight and "unshlight -a" hung too.
I did see some nfsiod threads which I could kill.

36 hours later some of the processes finally were killed
on their own.

Any suggestions on how I can trace what is happening with that running
unshlight and shlight?

$ ktrace -p 4224
$ kdump
  4224 shlight  EMUL  "netbsd"