Subject: RE: newbie learning to use packages
To: Larson, Timothy E. <Larson.Timothy1@mayo.edu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/29/2002 09:49:40
On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:

> I took the newest available from ftp.netbsd.org.  There weren't
> 1.6/mac68k builds available though.  Looks like I'll be building
> from source?

Ask me how I knew you were running mac68k? ;-)

There are actually newer ones than that in the "packages"
subdirectory. (The README generation is borked, and currently only
shows packages from the unsupported/1.4* directories.) Even the 1.5.3
packages are pretty out-of-date, though. Best to build from source.

> "Larson, Timothy E." <Larson.Timothy1@mayo.edu> writes:
> > Hmmm.  How should I know if its dependencies are installed?  It
> > didn't complain when I ran pkg_add.
> >
> > /usr/libexec/ld.so: bash: libtermcap.so.0.0: No such file or directory
> > /usr/libexec/ld.so: dt: libc.so.12.40: No such file or directory
>
> 12.40 is... very very very old.
>
> Where exactly did you get these packages you're installing?
>
> Perry

Frederick