Subject: Re: fault?
To: Nicolas Saurbier <Nicolas.Saurbier@biodata.de>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/28/2002 14:07:48
--61jdw2sOBCFtR2d/

hi,

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 01:51:15PM +0100, Nicolas Saurbier wrote:
> what=B4s wrong?
>=20
> during bootup...
>=20
> "rcorder: Circular dependency on provision `mountcritremote' in file
> `/etc/rc.d/network'."
>=20
> Background:
> I moved /etc/ifconfig.xxx and /etc/mygate to /usr/config/...
> I modified /etc/rc.d/network to the new path...
> Problem: /etc/rc.d/network is called, before /usr/config is mounted...
> I added mountcritremote to "require"-line in /etc/rc.d/network

it's exactly what the error message says: circular dependency.  if you
check:

  rcorder /etc/rc.d/*

you can see that network is _BEFORE_ mountcritremote, so you cannot
require mountcritremote in network this way since the final position is
defined from the other scripts as well.

if you are going to do such essential (and to many people they may seem
utter pointless) changes to critical parts of the system you need to
know what you are doing.  people on the mailing lists wants to help
others but they are not here to do your job and this is not the first
time you asked such a question.  please, think about it.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
 --